Florida Craft Beer Summit Announced for August 2016February 23, 2016 | Category: Uncategorized
Florida is one of the fastest growing craft beer markets in the country, and with that we are happy to announce that for the first time, there will be an annual summit tailored to craft beer professionals in this area from August 31st to September 2nd. The Florida Craft Beer Summit will be an opportunity for distributors, brewers, and retailers to network and learn about the craft beer culture here in Florida.
“Classes, lead by industry professionals will give brewers additional tools to better their respective breweries. Beginning with a Southeast craft beer “State of the Union”, presented by Bart Watson, Chief Economist of the Brewer’s Association (BA), the summit goes on to share stories of some of the most well know breweries in the industry, told by the founders themselves. Moreover, panelists will lead classes providing insight that will assist the attendees in bettering their business.”
Here are the classes for the summit:
- FL Craft Beer State of the Union (Bart Watson, Chief Economist, Brewer’s Association)
- Preparing for brewery Expansions (Joey Redner, CCB, (TBD))
- Retailer Panel: Jason Milburn, Kroger (TBD)
- Working with your city officials (Courtney Mendez, Sarasota City Zoning Dept./ TBD)
- Florida DBPR, what you need to know (Mona Hawes, Bureau of Auditing, DBPR)
- Brew Hub (Tim Schoen, James Ottolini, Sarah Foresee, Brew Hub)
- Lab Essentials”- Big or small, these are the things you need to start out with- what you can get right away (the essentials, as well as what you can get in the future) (Jim Leonard, USFSPN & 3 Daughters Brewery/White Labs)
- Financial planning for brewery build-outs & expansions (Mark Coffie, Brewery Financial Consulting/ Homebank | Janet Plummer, SBA Loan Specialist, Synovus Bank)
- Introduction to the FBG – What it can do for you! (Melissa White, FBG)
- Promoting your brewery/ Working with Media (John Holl, All About Beer Mag/ TBD, Jeremy Cowen, Schmaltz Brewing)
- Yeast Basics- what brewers need to know (White Labs)
- Promoting your brewery over the internet (Scott Gonnello, Author “Common SEO Mistakes”)
- The Latino Market – Promoting your brand to Florida’s thriving Latino population (Cesar Vasquez, Sixpoint South Florida Sales Manager, Luis G. Brignoni, President, Wynwood Brewing Company)
- Brewery Specific Accounting- Profitable doesn’t always mean money in the bank! Making sense of the brewery balance sheet (Ray Reher, Owner/ President, Innovative CFO solutions)
- “Why you shouldn’t open a brewery” (Jeremy Joerger, Founder/ CEO, JDub’s Brewery and Bob Sylvester, Founder/ Head Brewer, St. Somewhere Brewery)
The event will be held at the Hyatt Regency Sarasota, so make sure to register today!
For more info on the Florida Craft Beer Summit check out their website here.